A volume written as homage to Arthur C. Clarke's Tales from the White Hart, featuring original stories from many of today's top genre writers, including Neil Gaiman, Charles Stross, Stephen Baxter, James Lovegrove, Liz Williams, Adam Roberts, Eric Brown, Ian Watson, and David Langford.
The Fountain: a traditional London pub situated in Holborn, just off Chancery Lane, where Michael, the landlord, serves excellent real ales and dodgy ploughman's, ably assisted by barmaids Sally and Bogna.
The Fountain, in whose Paradise bar a group of friends - scientists, writers and genre fans - meet regularly on a Tuesday night to swap anecdotes, reveal wondrous events from their past, tell tall tales, talk of classified invention and, maybe, just maybe, save the world...
1. Introduction - Peter Weston 2. No Smoke without Fire - Ian Whates 3. Transients - Stephen Baxter 4. Forever Blowing Bubbles - Ian Watson 5. On the Messdecks of Madness - Paul Graham Raven 6. The Story Bug - James Lovegrove 7. "And Weep Like Alexander" - Neil Gaiman 8. The Ghost in the Machine - Colin Bruce 9. The Hidden Depths of Bogna - Liz Williams 10. A Bird in Hand - Charles Stross 11. In Pursuit of the Chuchunaa - Eric Brown 12. The Cyberseeds - Steve Longworth 13. Feathers of the Dinosaur - Henry Gee 14. Book Wurms - Andy West 15. The Pocklington Poltergeist - David Langford 16. The Last Man in Space - Andrew J Wilson 17. A Multiplicity of Phaedra Lament - Peter Crowther 18. The Girl With the White Ant Tattoo - Tom Hunter 19. The 9,000,000,001st Name of God - Adam Roberts 20. About the Authors
100-747 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 3E9
© Russell Books · Victoria, BC · Website by Caorda Web Solutions
Place an online order for $75 or more and we’ll ship it via Surface mail to anywhere* in the U.S. and Canada, free of charge.
– Shipping costs and any applicable taxes are not included in the $75 total
– You must select Free Shipping $75 at checkout
– This offer remains valid even if we are unable to fill your entire order
– Free shipping applies only to orders placed via our website at russellbooks.com
*excluding Canadian territories